DLocal (NASDAQ:DLO) stock is on the rise today as investors take interest in the company following its recent earnings report.
Let’s take a look at what investors need to know about DLO stock below!
- DLocal is a financial tech company with a focus on powering payments in emerging countries.
- This allows global merchants to connect to merchants in emerging markets across 30 countries.
- That includes countries in APAC, the Middle East, Latin America, and Africa.
- Positive earnings news in the second quarter of 2021 is behind today’s upward momentum for DLO stock.
- That starts with its diluted earnings per share coming in at 5.7 cents in Q2.
- That’s better than Wall Street’s estimate of 5 cents for the period.
- It’s also nearly double the 2.6 cents in diluted earnings per share from the same time last year.
- In addition to this, DLocal reported revenue of $59 million in its most recent quarter.
- That’s easily better than analysts’ estimates of $40.51 million.
- It’s also a 186% jump year-over-year from the company’s revenue of $20.6 million.
Sebastian Kanovich, CEO of DLocal, said this about the news pushing DLO stock higher today.
‘Our singular focus is on making the complex simple, redefining the online payments experience in emerging markets. Through one direct API, one technology platform, and one contract, which we collectively refer to as the One dLocal model, we enable global enterprise merchants to get paid (pay-in) and to make payments (pay-out) online in a safe and efficient manner.”
DLO stock is also seeing heavy trading on today’s earnings news. As of this writing, more than 6 million shares have changed hands. That’s quite the jump from the company’s daily average trading volume of about 1.1 million shares.
DLO stock was up 24.6% as of Thursday afternoon.
There’s more stock market news to check out below!
InvestorPlace has the latest stock coverage traders need to know about today. That includes why stocks are down today, as well as what has Sonnet BioTherapeutics (NASDAQ:SONN) and Sonoma Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SNOA) are on the rise. You can find all of this info at the links below!
More Thursday Stock Market News
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, https://investorplace.com/2021/08/dlo-stock-10-things-to-know-about-fintech-dlocal-as-shares-fly/.
©2021 InvestorPlace Media, LLC
View more information: https://investorplace.com/2021/08/dlo-stock-10-things-to-know-about-fintech-dlocal-as-shares-fly/